Vacant Homes / High Weeds Contact Numbers

Call these numbers within the Buildings and Safety Department to report the following:

  1. Vacant Homes that are open to trespass  (313) 224-3215. An inspection will be done. Property will be ticketed and fined if necessary.
  2. High Grass and Weeds –  (313) 628-0918
  3. Rented homes which are being neglected (313) 628-2451

If a homeowner is fined and takes no action. S/he receives a court date with the Department of Administrative Hearings. City of Detroit link

What is a Dangerous Building? Click this flyer to read about it. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *